Back to top

Can I go to the Mediator of consumption regarding any dispute whatsoever?

You can submit any applications for an amicable settlement of consumer disputes to the Mediator of consumption.

However, he will be unable to help you in the following cases:

  • non-economic services of general interest provided by the State or other public bodies;
  • disputes between traders;
  • health services provided by health professionals (doctors, hospitals, etc.) to patients in order to assess, maintain or restore their state of health, including  the prescription, dispensation and provision of medicinal products and medical devices; for such disputes, it is open to you to contact the National health information and mediation service (Service national d’information et de mediation dans le domaine de la santé), 73 rue Adolphe Fischer (4th floor), L-1520 Luxembourg, telephone: (+352) 24 77 55 15,, ; and
  • public providers of further or higher education.